The Shots Foundation has recently taken on a new lease of life under our its revamped board of trustees.
The Trustees have been working hard behind the scenes of the Club to produce a “Strategic Development Plan” to guide the work of the Shots Foundation.
This is where we need your input and support.
We have adopted a new motto – “Making a difference in our local community”.
Trustees have agreed that the Foundation will have seven immediate objectives.
Our seven immediate objectives are:
- To increase the use of the Community Stand at the EBB Stadium.
- To increase the number of football and other health and well-being related courses, events and activities in NE Hants and Surrey area.
- To build on the positive profile of the Aldershot Town Football Club by reaching out to the diverse local community of the NE Hants and Surrey area.
- To pursue funding opportunities for the Foundation at every opportunity.
- To build the social media profile of the Foundation, using Website, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- To actively engage with local organisations eg schools, junior football clubs, community groups and hard to reach groups.
- To ensure that the Shots Foundation has strong Governance with an effective Board of Trustees.
All of the above will be pursued against a background of ‘Core Principles’.
Our ‘Core Principles’ are:
Sport – Engage people of all ages and abilities in sport and physical activity.
Education and Inclusion– Engaging and including the diverse community of Rushmoor and the surrounding area, of all ages and stages of life, to raise aspirations, attainment and achievement and understand that learning is a lifelong process.
Health and well being – Promoting health and wellbeing and healthy lifestyles.
Community – Provide opportunities for people and communities in Rushmoor to contribute to their local community
I am sure that you will agree that these are noteworthy aims and principles – and this is where we need your support.
The plan can be found in full here.
There is no magic wand to wave for the work of the Shots Foundation – we need people to work hard and are happy to have volunteers to help our work, coaches to guide our work – in fact if you can think of a way to get involved with us then please let us know!
You can find information about what we offer on the Shots website and on twitter. Please help us in publicising our courses and events – retweet please – we welcome it.
We have some great plans to work with key local groups and organisations. We have visited and talked with over 30 local schools, made contact with a similar amount of local football clubs, hope to offer more courses for disabled young people, have re-started the Wildcats for girls, want to engage more with the Army (we have plans to become a Veterans Hub), the Nepalese and other members of our diverse local community. However, we might have missed something. If you feel there is something else, we could, or should, be doing or a local group we should be working with please let us know.
In the near future we might need to fund raise for much needed funds – we will keep you informed.
Get involved please – we would love to hear from you.
Please email myself at the Foundation – we would love to hear from you.
Chair of the Foundation