The Shots in the Community Foundation – New Project
‘Veterans Supporting Veterans’
The Shots in the Community Foundation is delighted to announce that the recently awarded Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust grant will contribute to the launch of the ‘Veterans Supporting Veterans’ project.
Veterans, their families, and ex/retired emergency service workers will participate as volunteers and/or beneficiaries of the scheme.
The Shots in the Community Foundation will help with:
- Supporting the needs of veterans, their families as well as helping homeless veterans and ex/retired emergency service workers
- Home deliveries of food and essential items
- Companionship and social contact such as telephone conversations to help and support veterans that are isolated, suffering from physical mobility, suffering from mental health issues or other socio-economic difficulties, including homelessness
- Cooking and distributing simple meals to vets
- Gardening services
- Access to counselling services
- Offering assistance, information, and signposting
The Foundation is currently purchasing table tennis, table football and archery equipment to expand the activities provided during monthly Veterans Hub meetings. These take place on the first Wednesday of the month at the Aldershot Town Football Stadium from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
If you would like to get involved in this project or know of veterans, their families and ex/retired emergency service workers that would benefit from the scheme please contact:
John.Monday@shotsfoundation.org or visit our website www.shotsfoundation.org